Jump to recipe
In a large bowl, combine ground meat, ginger, garlic, grated onion, coconut aminos, honey, chili flakes, and half the green onion or cilantro.
Asian Inspired Cabbage Rolls 🌱
These are EVERYTHING! Ultra-flavorful, super FUN to eat, IMPRESSIVE, and way easier than they look!
I LOVE everything about Asian-Inspired foods, and wanted to give cabbage rolls a try at home! Please don’t be intimated. They come together pretty quickly, and quite beautiful!
Cabbage Rolls are fabulous for those watching their carbohydrates and looking for a satisfying, tasty, protein-packed meal idea.
Serve over cauliflower rice, or brown rice, and alongside steamed broccoli, but don’t forget a good sprinkle of sesame seeds and scallions!
Crazy good! Works extremely well for meal prep too! Double up the recipe, and store it in sealed meal prep containers for up to 3-4 days.
➡️ What’s the deal with coconut aminos?!
Last year we held an informal “taste-off” (taste testing) with a few CFC staffers in my kitchen. This group included our videographer who is a HUGE “foodie” and will tell you himself that he’s not always making the healthiest choices.
Back to the taste test:
I served each person 3 small bowls of brown rice sprinkled with:
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
The UNANIMOUS win for best taste was Coconut Aminos! This is AWESOME because I believe coconut aminos to be the healthiest of the bunch if you’re looking to avoid soy products.
Second place was a TIE between the remaining two options.
If you haven’t tried coconut aminos you’re truly missing out!
Makes 8 servings
- 1 large head of green cabbage
- 2 lbs ground turkey or ground chicken
- 2 Tbsps freshly peeled and minced ginger
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes, or 1 red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 bunch green onions/scallions, OR fresh cilantro leaves, chopped and divided
- sesame seeds