Jump to recipe
Asparagus + Egg Toast
Asparagus and eggs go so well together!
This combo is quick enough for a fast weekday breakfast or lunch, but it’s also a beautiful presentation for weekend guests!
BONUS points for starting your day with vegetables! Makes 2 servings
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 slices of rye, or Ezekiel bread
- 12 stalks crisp green asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 Tbsp ghee, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- a pinch of chili flakes
- 1 green onion (white part only), sliced
- a small bunch of fresh basil, or parsley to garnish if desired
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt ghee in a medium fry pan over medium-high heat. Cook the asparagus for about 4 minutes, tossing it a few times.
Season with sea salt and pepper, then remove and set aside.
In the same pan, very gently crack the eggs and fry them to your liking.
Meanwhile, toast the bread, then top it with asparagus, eggs, onion slices, sesame seeds, chili flakes and basil.
Serve immediately and enjoy!