Jump to recipe
Bacon Egg Muffins
There are MANY wonderful reasons these lil’ babies are amazing!
Here are 5:
1. FLAVOR. All of the good stuff.
2. Protein PACKED goodness.
3. SIMPLE! If you’ve got more people over for breakfast, just double the recipe!
4. EXCELLENT for meal prep!
5. You can assemble these in your muffin tray the night before, cover the raw egg mixture with plastic wrap, then let sit in your refrigerator and pull them out and just pop them in your oven to bake in the morning for an EASY breakfast!
Makes 6 large muffins (serving size is 1-2 muffins)
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 large, free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. and lightly spray a 6-cup large muffin tin with cooking spray or wipe with oil.
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon, and diced red bell pepper then cook until bacon is crispy and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Drain off the excess bacon grease and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add eggs, milk, mustard powder, a pinch of sea salt and pepper, then whisk well to combine.
Stir in the cheese, chives, cooked bacon and peppers.
Divide the egg mixture between the prepared muffin cups.
Bake in your preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until the center is set and muffins are puffed.
P.S. These last for 3 days in the fridge if stored well in a sealed container for future meals & meal prep.
Enjoy these and remember to tag me @CleanFoodCrush in your creations! I LOVE seeing how your recipes turn out 🙂