Jump to recipe
Baked Crispy Coconut Chicken + Creamy Coconut-Lime Dip
Crispy Coconut Baked Chicken dipped in Creamy Lime Yogurt Dip will satisfy the entire family!
This recipe is FABULOUS with chicken tenders too! Just decrease your baking time by a few minutes.
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
I like to pound the chicken with a mallet in the thicker areas to get each of them to an even, uniform size, so that they cook up nicely and evenly.
This actually helps create moist chicken because there isn’t a need to overcook.
Place boneless chicken between two pieces of waxed paper, plastic wrap, parchment paper, or in a resealable plastic bag. Starting in the center and working out to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet, or heavy skillet, until the chicken is even in thickness.
This method typically produces juicier chicken breasts because there is no need to overcook your meat to get those middle thick parts cooked through.
➡️ Serving Suggestions:
Serve your crispy chicken with this chopped salad.
Roasted green beans, or broccolini would also pair nicely with this chicken recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthways and pounded to an even thickness
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 Tbsps shredded unsweetened coconut (I love “let’s do organic” brand)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- avocado or coconut cooking oil spray
- freshly chopped cilantro, to garnish
- lime slices or wedges, to serve with
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt, or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 fresh lime
- ½ tsp chili flakes, or to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
In a small bowl combine all coconut-lime dip ingredients, and whisk well; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
Prepare 3 stations:
- One plate with just your gluten-free flour
- A shallow dish with beaten eggs
- The last plate with almond flour, Italian seasoning, shredded coconut, and garlic powder all whisked together well.
Dredge chicken into the flour first to very lightly coat on all sides, then dip into the beaten eggs, dripping off the excess.
Next, dredge the chicken into the almond-coconut mixture, gently pressing to evenly adhere this mixture on all sides of your chicken.
Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and very lightly spritz with avocado oil, or coconut oil cooking spray.
Bake for 20 minutes in your preheated oven, carefully flipping chicken over at the halfway mark.
Bake just until your chicken is cooked through, golden-crisp, and no longer pink in the center.
Serve with your creamy coconut-lime dip and enjoy!