Jump to recipe
Baked Pizza Tomato Slices 🍕🌱🍅
Lookin’ for something FUN & Easy to make this weekend?! Here we go – these are PERFECT!
I just love tomato *anything* with cheese 😅 add in a few fresh herbs…I’m a total sucker for this combo.
These are so delicious, especially when made with fresh garden tomatoes throughout the summer.
Since there are only a few ingredients used here, I really recommend using the absolute freshest, highest quality ingredients you can get your hands on…it really makes all the difference.
Did you know that one large tomato can supply almost half of our daily vitamin C requirements?! Great news for tomato lovers looking to keep immune systems strong!
I think you’ll also like this Baked Parmesan Tomatoes Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings
- 4 medium/large garden tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped basil leaves, or 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 minced garlic cloves or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped nitrate-free pepperoni, chopped or cut with a small round cutter
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves to garnish
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Lay your tomato slices onto the prepared baking sheet.
In a medium-sized bowl combine your shredded mozzarella with basil, garlic, sea salt and pepper.
Top each tomato slice with your cheese mixture, and then pepperoni as shown.
Bake in your preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Do not overbake!
Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Serve immediately and enjoy!