Beth Lost 10.8 Pounds with the Clean Eating Challenge!
Hi, my name is Beth and I’m 40 years old, and this is how I lost 10.8lbs with CleanFoodCrush 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge!
I am a wife, mom of three (ages 16, 13, 10). I work as a Registered Nurse in the NICU- 12 hour day shifts. I love to be outside when the weather is nice, shop garage sales or thrift stores, read, and listen to true crime podcasts. I also sneak away to Florida any chance I can to visit my parents.
My husband Chris is also 40. We’ve been together since we were 16! He agreed to join me in doing this challenge.
Sugar was my thing… I love candy and ice cream. There wasn’t a day without sweets prior to doing the challenge. My husband loves carbs- Goldfish crackers, bread, and just anything starchy and salty.
After struggling to lose weight for years I knew I had to do something different.
I’ve followed Rachel’s Facebook page for a couple of years and decided that there was nothing to lose (except extra weight!).
Joining the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge has completely changed the way I look at food. It’s made me much more aware of what I am putting into my body. It’s stopped my cravings and the need for sugar. I feel so good I don’t want to put junk food into my body!
In 30 days I’ve noticed many changes.
- The biggest thing is the weight loss. I’ve lost 10.8 pounds and am fitting into clothes I haven’t worn in years.
- My rings fit again!
- I went to my old unit at work last weekend and so many old co-workers were stopping me and asking about my weight loss. It clearly has been a significant change!
- I’m not winded walking up the stairs at work anymore.
- My digestive health has been so improved!
- I normally have suffered daily irritable bowel symptoms and over 30 days I haven’t had any!! After so many years that is amazing!
My husband has noticed he has had zero heartburn for the past 30 days. He also said his stomach has felt amazing too. He is hooked on continuing to see what more weight he can lose and continuing to feel so much better.
The first 2 weeks were a bit difficult….there was definitely an adjustment to all the food prepping. Once we got a routine going, things were easier. Our kids have joined us. What we eat, they eat too.
Having meals made and ready to go has really helped– we even brought our meals with us to watch our son’s basketball games! With 3 busy kids’ schedules, being prepared has kept us successful! My husband even traveled for work and he was able to stay on plan and made great choices.
During the detox week, I felt great. I had one day (day 5) that I was craving candy so badly! I just drank a glass of water each time I thought about it and made it through. My husband had a headache for 3 days during the detox, and was irritable, but by day 4 he said he felt so good.
My husband was amazed at how much has changed just by changing his diet.
The best part of this plan is that we have never been hungry! We joke that we eat like it’s our job! Not once have we felt deprived. It’s rewarding to commit to the plan and get such amazing results!
Here Are My Best Tips:
- Do it, there’s nothing to lose! If you do join, COMMIT!
- Don’t make excuses.
- We can do anything for 30 days.
- Plan ahead, write out your week. If you have a plan you can’t fail!
- The support group was great and motivating.
We followed the plan 100% (except for one evening off-plan celebrating our daughter’s birthday) and we got great results!
We are motivated to keep going!