Jump to recipe
Butternut Squash Chili
One of our all-time FAN FAVORITE recipes on the CFC site, is our Spicy Pumpkin Chili recipe.
Have you tried it yet?
This NEW Butternut Squash Chili is just as delicious, super similar (because why mess with a great thing?!), but this gives Butternut Squash LOVERS a reason to make and EAT chili tonight!
Most of these ingredients are probably in your pantry right now, and if not then please note that this recipe is very flexible and forgiving, so add whatever you have on hand, and I’m betting you’ll LOVE your results.
Embrace improvising and adapting because that makes cooking FUN!
Makes 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey or grass-fed beef
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow or red onion, diced
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 (15 ounce) kidney, chili, and/OR black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juices, jar or fresh
- 1 cup low sodium bone broth, or stock (vegetable, chicken, or beef)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced (or about 4 cups)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
Diced avocado, fresh chopped parsley/cilantro, sliced chilies, sliced jalapenos, dried red onions, shredded Mexican cheese blend, Greek yogurt, lime wedges, etc.