Jump to recipe
CFC Creamy Green Shakshuka 🌱
Our healthy twist on traditional shakshuka turned out beautifully!
Green on Green…a pretty great way to start the day, wouldn’t ya say!!?
But seriously – it can be challenging to get enough green veggies in each day, so recipes like this make our veggie goals DOABLE & DELICIOUS!
Rich creamy, deeply flavored green sauce with runny yolks…WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!
Make a batch for Sunday Brunch, or even a quick Dinner this week!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, unrefined coconut oil, ghee, or avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach leaves
- 1 medium zucchini, skin on
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded
- 2 green onions
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 4 large Eggs
- small handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, sliced
Dice your zucchini and bell pepper and finely chop the green onion and cilantro.
Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add spinach and cook stirring constantly until nicely wilted, about 3 minutes.
Transfer wilted spinach to a plate and set aside.
Add remaining oil to your skillet and heat over medium heat.
Add in the green onion, garlic, diced zucchini and bell peppers. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until veggies are just tender-crisp.