Jump to recipe
Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers 🥒🌱🌶
This SUPER QUICK meal idea is PERFECT for those hot-weather evenings that are fast approaching. I love that this recipe uses up lots of veggies and leftover chicken I usually have sitting in the fridge.
These stuffed peppers are SO GOOD when you’re using fresh garden peppers from your garden or found at a local farmer’s market throughout the Summer. Fresh-from-the-garden peppers are so much sweeter and enjoyable to eat raw than the greenhouse variety found in most grocery stores.
➡️ Question: Is rotisserie chicken healthy?
➡️ Answer: Well, compared with most convenience foods…in my opinion, YES, but there are some important things to keep in mind when shopping for rotisserie chicken.
Many rotisserie chickens are injected with seasonings that contain sodium phosphate, modified food starches, potato dextrin, carrageenan, and sugars.
I highly suggest that you read the ingredient labels, and do some research if you’re concerned about preservatives in your diet. Whole Foods grocers offer an organic, hormone-free, and no added salt, rotisserie chicken that is wonderful.
➡️ Rachel’s FAVORITE Garlic Herb Poached Chicken Breasts:
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, plain coconut yogurt, or homemade mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsps Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded/chopped chicken, or rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced small
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 an English cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
Dice your chicken and veggies into small cubes.
In a large bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, vinegar, and honey. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each) then whisk until smooth.
Add in all your prepped veggies and chicken then stir well to combine. Taste test then adjust ingredients and seasonings as desired.
Spoon mixture into each pepper half as shown with your chicken salad and enjoy!