Jump to recipe
Chicken Strawberry Salad Bowls
Ohhh THAT Strawberry – Avocado COMBO!
There’s just nothing quite like it!
I absolutely adore the strawberries in this salad, but you can totally swap them for any other berry that’s in season.
I like to pound my chicken with a mallet in the thicker areas to get each of them to an even, uniform size so that they cook up nicely.
Place boneless chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper, plastic wrap, or in a resealable plastic bag.
Starting in the center and working out to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet until the breast is even in thickness.
This method typically produces juicier chicken breasts because there is no need to overcook your meat to get those middle thick parts cooked through.
They cook evenly, and much faster!Makes 4 servings/bowls
- 4 small boneless, skinless breasts
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 4 thin slices of nitrate free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese of choices, such as parmesan, cotija, feta, or goat cheese
- 1 large avocado, sliced and squeezed with fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- extra virgin olive oil and high-quality balsamic vinegar, and chopped fresh basil or cilantro if desired