Jump to recipe
Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal for Cozy Mornings!
Your kitchen will smell heavenly while this oatmeal is baking!
The best part is that your actual hands-on prep time is just a few minutes…simply grabbing your ingredients, stirring them together: throw it all into your preheated oven. Done.
So mix up a batch early tomorrow morning, then go shower and get yourself ready while a delicious breakfast bakes up for the family!
Win the day!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 large egg, or 3-4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsps unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced evenly in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, or chunks, higher cacao percentage = the better
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. Spray or rub very lightly an 8 or 9 inch round baking dish with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and stir gently to combine well.
Using a rubber spatula, pour your oatmeal mixture into the prepared 8 or 9 inch round baking dish, then level it nicely as shown in the photos by gently patting or spreading with your rubber spatula.
Bake for 40-50 minutes in your preheated oven, or just until the top is golden. Keep an eye on it those last few minutes.