Jump to recipe
Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice with Paprika Shrimp
Have you tried Cauliflower Rice?
You need to!
Make it with or without the shrimp! Delicious!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined-tails on
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive, avocado, or coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower (riced)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 fresh lime, chopped into wedges, for garnish
To “rice” cauliflower:
Cut cauliflower florets from core until you are left with just the core.
Discard core and break up the florets into evenly sized pieces.
Place florets in bowl of food processor in batches. Process until evenly chopped but not completely pulverized. Or chop by hand with a sharp knife.
Toss shrimp with smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
When oil is very hot add shrimp and cook for two minutes on each side, until pink.
Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside for a minute.
Add diced onion to skillet and saute until onion is translucent.
Add garlic for another minute.
Place cauliflower rice in the hot skillet with onion and garlic & toss while sauteing for another 6-7 minutes or so.
I like the cauliflower rice still firm, golden, and crunchy from the saute pan.
Add cilantro leaves, and cooked shrimp.
Toss just to warm. Serve with fresh lime wedges.