Cinco De Mayo is just around the corner! Are you ready to get festive and celebrate with Clean Eats?
My family LOVES any excuse to enjoy the Tex Mex/Mexican style recipes I make 🙂
Below are 7 fun and creative ways for you to get festive in your own kitchen.
Tag me in your creations!
1. Tex Mex it up with this skillet recipe, bursting with flavor and pretty darn simple to make 🙂
2. Keep it Lean and Clean this Cinco De Mayo!
3. Spice Up Your Life and Celebrate with Clean Eats!
4. Keep it Cool, this Salad is the perfect Clean option on a warm day!
5. Take your taste buds to heaven with THIS creative salad idea 🙂
6. Be a Clean Eating genius! All the Cinco De Mayo flavor without the extra carbs!
7. These taco stuffed sweet potatoes are Festive, Fun and Sharable!
If You’re Eating Out, Here are A few tips to Keep Your Cinco De Mayo Clean!
- Go easy on the cheese and heavy on the veggies.
- Substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt.
- Instead of wheat, use corn tortillas
- If you’re keeping it really Clean use a lettuce wrap instead or make it a bowl/salad.
- Avoid the deep-fried stuff and go for the pan-fried, baked or roasted options.
- If you’re drinking, stick with the low sugar options for a mixer like club soda with fresh lime.
- Drink more water! This helps to avoid over-eating.
- Clear “Silver” Tequila is closer to it’s pure form, gold tequila has added sugar and is more likely to give you a hangover.
- Limit yourself to two drinks to avoid over indulging and eating a greasy breakfast in the morning.
Just in case you plan on celebrating with a drink… I’ve put my favorite Clean, Homemade Margarita Recipe below for you!
When my fiancé, Jason and I first started dating, I invited him over for dinner.
I made this recipe and served fresh margaritas…not the store bought syrupy stuff, but REAL, fresh squeezed citrus fruit.
I asked Jason to squeeze the citrus fruit juice for the margaritas while I cooked dinner. He was an instant margarita pro, and he was surprised how great they tasted without using any processed yucky stuff.
It was really FUN, and we still reminisce about that making that meal together.
This recipe became his signature, and he occasionally still makes them for our guests when we have a dinner party.
They are always a hit!
While a margarita or two is just an occasional treat at our house, we still like to keep them as “clean” as possible. If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you know we live a very “real” life and believe in balance.
Jason and I love our wine and an occasional spirit. If you are working towards weight loss, or to become healthier…I would suggest no more than ONE, sometimes two glasses of wine or spirit (such as vodka, or tequila NOT mixed with any syrup, or juice) Per WEEK.
Alcohol will dehydrate us, lower our inhibitions, and can make us feel groggy/tired (meaning we’re more likely to indulge on something we wouldn’t have otherwise)
Drinking any of our calories in the form of a non-nourishing beverage can stall weight loss…and sometimes spur more cravings.
I do believe that this is a LIFESTYLE, and there is a place for everything in moderation…just be honest with yourself about your results, and how quickly you would like to reach your goals.