Jump to recipe
Chickpea Chopped Salad + Creamy Avocado Dressing
As a young girl, chickpeas kind of freaked me out.
They were weird shaped, and I didn’t want to eat them. As a grown woman, I’m obsessed with chickpeas.
If they are in my salad, then it’s 10x better! This SIMPLE salad combines many of my grown woman favorite things, and comes together in 15 minutes! Bring it to the next BBQ!
Makes 4 servings
- 15 oz. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
Creamy avocado dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- a small handful of fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 fresh garlic clove (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
To make the creamy dressing add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl as shown, then drizzle the dressing on top.
Gently toss to combine and enjoy!