Jump to recipe
Chili-Lime Fajita Salad
A tangy spin on Taco-Tuesday, and it comes together FAST!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 10 ounces romaine salad, chopped
- extra cilantro or parsley to garnish
- fresh lime wedges
- 3 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- juice from 1 large fresh lime
- 2 Tbsps fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp red chili flakes (adjust to your own taste of spiciness)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
In a small bowl whisk the marinade ingredients together to combine.
Pour half the marinade in a shallow dish with the chicken to marinate for up to 2 hours, refrigerated (if time allows).
Refrigerate the other half of the marinade, SEPERATELY to use it as a dressing.
Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until golden, crispy and cooked through (about 5-6 minutes). Once cooked set aside and allow to rest.
Drizzle another Tbsp of oil in the pan and fry pepper and onion strips for about 3-4 minutes.
Prepare the salad in a large bowl or platter by placing the romaine leaves first, then arrange the peppers, onion and avocado slices.
Add the chicken and sprinkle fresh cilantro/parsley on top.
Drizzle with remaining untouched marinade as dressing…toss to combine and serve!