Jump to recipe
Crunchy Tuna Apple Bites
Protein Packed , Inexpensive, Super Nutritious after school snack idea! This would also be a great light lunch, or even better quick post workout meal!
Makes about 2-3 servings (as a snack, or light pre/post workout meal)
- 6 ounces tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 Tbsps plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 small red onion, diced very small
- 1/4 cup celery, diced very small
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp chopped raw almonds
- 3 Tbsp chopped dried cranberries
- 2 apples, core removed and sliced as shown
Add the tuna, yogurt, onion, celery, lemon, almonds, cranberries to a bowl and mix well.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add a spoonful of the mixture on top of each apple slice.
Serve and enjoy!