Jump to recipe
Garden Fresh Gazpacho Salad
A very simple Summertime side dish! Watch my IG “story” to see it come together!Makes 2 servings, or 4 servings as a side dish
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound mixed fresh garden tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large, crisp cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch half-moons
- 2 slices rye, or Ezekiel bread, toasted and cut into 1 inch pieces
Place diced onion in a small bowl of ice water. Let stand 10 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
To Make Vinaigrette:
In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic.
Season vinaigrette with sea salt and pepper and whisk well to combine.
Arrange tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, and red onion on a platter.
Toast bread, then cut into 1-inch cubes and sprinkle over salad.
Season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with vinaigrette.