Jump to recipe
Coconut Lime Pie Protein Balls
A taste of the tropics!
These protein balls are EXCEPTIONALLY great in the Summertime thanks to that fresh lime + coconut combo!
Make sure your shredded coconut is unsweetened.
I REALLY love “let’s do organic” brand of dried coconut.
I think using several key limes instead of a regular lime would be a FUN twist as well!
Makes 12 balls
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut +2 Tbsps extra unsweetened shredded coconut for coating (“Let’s Do Organic” brand is my favorite)
- zest of 1 fresh lime, divided
- juice of 2 limes (aim for 1/4-1/3 cup juice)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- teeny tiny pinch of Himalayan sea salt