Jump to recipe
Creamy Sweet Potato Bake
THIS. is an ABSOLUTE show-stopper! Your family will request this for years to come! The Thanksgiving countdown is on…and our creamy sweet potatoes MUST be on YOUR table this holiday season. Looks more complicated than it really is… so this will totally impress your guests! You’ll just need a sharp mandoline, and all the freshest, highest quality ingredients. It’s sweet without adding any sugar, and creamy without adding any dairy, and a just tiny bit savory thanks to the onions and garlic. Makes about 5 servings
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced using a mandoline (tip: choose potatoes that are very similar in size/shape)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp gluten-free flour
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley as garnish
- 1 Tbsp sliced chives as garnish
Preheat your oven 350 degrees f.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until it softens, about 3 minutes, then add garlic and saute another minute or two.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together coconut milk, paprika, and gluten-free flour.
Pour the coconut mixture over the onions in the pan, then whisk to combine.
Lower the heat to a simmer and cook stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to thicken about 2-3 minutes.
Pour the coconut sauce in the bottom of an 8 x 8 oven dish, then layer the sweet potato slices on as shown.
Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes in your preheated oven.
Then, uncover the dish, bake for an additional 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender and golden-crispy-browned on top.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and chives, and serve.