Jump to recipe
Crockpot Beef + Sweet Potato Stew
With the crazy schedules of two working parents, and six kids (mostly teenagers) needing to eat quick, then get right back out the door to their activities, and social life…
They want something satisfying, and tasty to come home to…mom wants something super nutritious, and not too much time-consuming!
#Crockpot meals are my saving grace as a mother throughout the school year.
This savory grass fed beef stew has been a favorite for our family this winter! I hope you love it too!Makes about 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs. grass fed beef stew meat, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp gluten free flour
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 large, organic carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 fresh rosemary stalks
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) jar diced fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In a small bowl whisk flour, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper salt, and black pepper. Dredge the beef cubes in the flour mixture.
Place half the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place half of the beef cubes into the skillet and cook on all sides, for about 30 seconds per side, or until golden. Remove and set aside.
Add the rest of the oil and repeat with the remaining beef.
Add meat pieces to the slow cooker. Add in sweet potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, mushrooms and rosemary.
Pour in bone broth, balsamic vinegar and diced tomatoes with juice.
Season with sea salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours.
Stir and enjoy!