Jump to recipe
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Throw the ingredients into your cooker in the morning, & come home to dinner! Makes about 4 servings
- 2 large carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, finely diced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 16 oz organic frozen corn
- 2 cups organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 12 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt & pepper, to your taste
- 1/2 cup nitrate-free bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 red chili, finely sliced
- diced fresh tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- a small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
Place all ingredients, except the garnishes, into the slow cooker.
Cook on high 5 hours or low 7-8 hours until vegetables are softened.
Using a potato masher roughly mash the soup – this will make it really creamy leaving chunky bits.
Taste and adjust seasoning with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with crispy bacon, chili and fresh chopped parsley.