Jump to recipe
Tuscan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes & Spinach (Dairy free) 🌱🍅
I know we have a lot of folks here who prefer chicken thighs for their juicy-tenderness, and that crispy flavorful skin. This one is for you. And even if you’re not usually a chicken thigh type-of-person, this one may change your mind about that!
Herb and garlic *perfectly* seasoned chicken thighs, nestled in a creamy, buttery sauce with tender spinach and sweet-bursting cherry tomatoes.
Tuscan Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes & Spinach is creamy, colorful, healthy, and beyond delicious.
This dish is usually made with heavy cream, but we’re skipping the dairy for our version….and the final result is FABULOUS!
Be sure to use unrefined coconut oil for a truly dairy free version.
If you want to use clarified butter aka ghee, here’s how to make ghee yourself.
Serve alongside quinoa, or brown rice, and maybe some roasted broccolini.
makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsps ghee, unrefined coconut oil, or grass-fed butter
- 4-5 large chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on (about 1.5 lbs or so)
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps gluten free flour, or arrowroot powder
- freshly chopped herbs to garnish if desired