Jump to recipe
Delicious Curried Chicken Salad
It’s FINALLY warming up!
Throughout the Summertime we like to choose lighter meals like this chicken salad that can be prepared ahead of time, then served out on the patio on top of crisp, delicate butter lettuce leaves and a slice of juicy watermelon!
Dinner DONE, with plenty of time to enjoy the evening because cleanup is fairly minimal too!
If you’re a curry fan, I hope you try out this recipe! Adjust the ingredients to your own personal tastes and preferences!
I like to add MORE celery, grapes, and extra fresh lime juice (sometimes even more chicken if we have it to use up!)…but that’s just me…always trying to bulk up our meals, create more servings for additional meals, and add extra FLAVOR!
This chicken salad stays great in the fridge for about a day or so, best enjoyed within 24 hours.
I love to serve this on top of butter lettuce leaves. Butter lettuce is my go-to lettuce for wraps in the Summertime!
Delicate, light, and substantial enough to hold your ingredients!
Grab some next time you spot it in the store!
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, tenders or thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste (about a 1/8 teaspoon each)
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1.5 cups seedless grapes, halved (red or green!)
- a small handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
For your curried yogurt sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (about a 1/8 of a teaspoon each)