Jump to recipe
Dill + Lemon Turkey Leftover Soup
This soup is incredibly comforting throughout cold winter months, yet bright and cheerful during the springtime, thanks to the addition of fresh lemon juice, zest, and fresh dill!
We LOVE soup at our house! It’s warming, satisfying, and ready-to-eat wherever we are!
I usually double or triple my soup recipes because soup makes wonderful future meals!
Dill + Lemon Turkey Leftover Soup is one of our newest, most favorite soup recipes.
You can easily adapt soup recipes to fit your personal tastes. I often add extra meat and vegetables, depending on what I need to use up in the fridge.
I love the high protein + veggie combo here! Hope you love it too!
Soup always tastes even better the next day. This turkey soup stays great refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
Makes about 6 servings
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, avocado oil, or ghee
- 3 medium carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice, rinsed
- 4-5 cups leftover turkey, chopped
- 8 cups chicken or turkey bone broth
- 2 cups frozen organic peas, rinsed/thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill or 2 Tbsps dried dill weed
- 1 large fresh lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, or almond milk
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour, Arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
Heat oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven. Add in all of your chopped veggies and sauté the carrots, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
Add the broth and brown rice, reduce your heat to a low simmer, and cover with a lid. Cook until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together (really well) the almond milk and flour/cornstarch until no lumps are visible.
Once your rice is tender, stir in the milk mixture, turkey, and peas.
Continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until soup thickens a bit.
Add in your fresh lemon juice, zest, and dill, then taste test, and season with sea salt and pepper if desired.
Serve hot and enjoy!