Jump to recipe
You can also top this with a side of juicy baked chicken breast!
Massaged Kale Salad
Massaging raw kale transforms it from a tough, bitter leaf into a sweet, delicate, and delicious salad.
Here’s how: Add your cleaned, air or pat dried, and chopped kale leaves to a large glass bowl along with the sea salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice. ‘Massage’ (think of the motion used to rub someone’s shoulders…get your hands in there!) kale for about 4 minutes, or until leaves are sweet and tender.
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you use for your dressings such as this because your salad will come out tasting very much like the oil you use.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 lbs kale, stems removed and sliced
- juice of 1 large fresh lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 tsp each
- 2 Tbsps high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 crisp apple of choice, sliced or chopped
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh radish
- sesame seeds to garnish