Jump to recipe
BLT Guacamole Salad-In-a-Jar
Prep several of these Jar Salads, and eat well this week!
You’ll need 2 wide-mouth quart size Mason jars.
Makes 2 servings/jars
- 3 Tbsp diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp finely sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup crispy nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 4 cups chopped crisp lettuce leaves of choice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Divide the olive oil equally between 2 mason jars.
Make certain your veggies/lettuce is dry before creating your jar.
Moisture on the lettuce is what causes it to loose it’s crunch!
From the bottom up divide equally between 2 jars:
Add the onion, followed by diced avocado, sea salt + pepper to taste and juice from half a lemon in each.
Next add tomatoes, lettuce, jalapeño, cilantro and bacon.
Seal the jar, and refrigerate until ready to use.