Jump to recipe
Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Clean Eating Approved Weekend Patio Food!
Makes about 3 servings
- 2 Tbsps avocado, or sesame oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken, or ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 red bell sweet pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce, coconut aminos, or Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 4 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 3 tsp freshly grated fresh ginger
- 8-ounces water chestnuts, diced small
- 4 green onions, sliced
- sea salt and pepper to your taste
- butter lettuce leaves, for serving
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add in the chicken, and cook, stiring and breaking up the pieces until cooked through.
Add in the onion, bell pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin and ginger.
Stir, and cook for about 4 minutes, or until onion is soft.
Add the water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sea salt and pepper to taste, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the butter lettuce leaves to serve.