Erica Lost 10.4 Pounds with the Clean Eating Challenge!
Hi! I’m Erica!
This is my story of how I lost 10.4 pounds and 2 inches off my waist and hips with the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge!
I just turned 45 and am a divorced single mom of two adult girls, ages 21 and 24, who do not live with me. I work in the Healthcare field as Team Lead of Orthopedic Surgery Scheduling. I’ve been in healthcare since I was 22 years old.
For fun, I love to hike, spend time with friends and family, camp, sing Karaoke, dance, read, write poetry, travel the world, cook, run, and watch movies.
Before joining the challenge, my biggest hurdles were not taking the time to plan ahead, and ending up eating junk or take out.
I would go to McDonald’s every morning and get a Sausage and Cheese McMuffin with Egg, hash browns, and orange juice. I was at a loss of what was good for my body and what wasn’t. I was addicted to carbs! Especially Pasta with Cheese!!! I had 4 servings a day of dairy on average.
I learned how to meal prep for the week and got better at planning out my meals and snacks.
- I stopped having what was basically a 4th meal at bedtime.
- I now limit my cheese and other dairy products.
- I stopped using Splenda and switched to Stevia.
- I pay more attention to ingredient lists.
CleanFoodCrush and the 30 day Challenge helped me know what things I need to cut back on or substitute to help my body feel better.
- I have reduced bloating and fatigue.
- The group support was great! It helped keep me accountable and gave me great ideas. It was good to know I was not in it alone.
- Now I’ve been steadily losing weight and inches, all while enjoying truly gourmet, delicious, healthy food!
- I get bored easily, so it was great to have so many yummy recipes to choose from.
Before the program, I was working out every day, HARD, and the scale would not budge. Now I’ve lost 10.4 pounds and 2 inches off my waist and hips
For anyone thinking about doing the Challenge, I would say it’s so worth it to make this commitment to yourself!
You are going to have some rough days, and at times it’s not easy, but keep at it. If you stray from the program for a meal, or even a whole day, don’t beat yourself up. Just get right back to it. There’s always a new day! Make this a lifestyle change, not a diet.
This is definitely something you can stick to for life! You are worth it!