Jump to recipe
Fiesta Taco Salad-in-a-jar with Creamy Avocado + Cilantro Dressing
The ULTIMATE in grab-n-go meals for your week ahead!
These salad jars are stacked with flavors, textures, and energy boosting nutrients!
This recipe requires a bit more prep and ingredients…but it’s SO worth it!
Read recipe to the end before planning out your jars!
The avocado dressing and grass-fed beef instructions will make enough to assemble 6-8 jars.
The single serving jar quantities and “stacking” order are listed directly below.
Use Wide Mouth Pint and Half Jars with Lids, or whatever sized salads you want to make!
Makes 6-8 Jars
- 2 Tbsps creamy avocado + cilantro dressing in the very bottom of each jar
- 6-8 grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of seasoned ground turkey and black bean (directions below)
- 3 Tbsps fresh roasted corn, peppers, and green chile mixture
- 6 halved black olives
- 3 Tbsps of fresh diced red, yellow & orange baby bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp grated all-natural cheddar cheese
- 2 good handfuls of torn green lettuce leaves at the very top
For the Homemade Creamy Avocado + Cilantro Dressing:
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
For the Grass Fed Beef or Ground Turkey and Black Bean Filling:
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained if using canned
- 1 lb ground grass-fed beef, or turkey, browned
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp each of chili powder, onion powder, granulated garlic, paprika, and turmeric
- Add sea salt and fresh black pepper if desired.
- Adjust to taste I always add more seasonings at the end if desired
For the Roasted Corn:
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper
- 4-6 ounces diced, roasted green chilies
- 2 corn cobs or 1 cup frozen corn
From the Bottom of the jar, going up:
2 Tbsps creamy avocado + cilantro dressing in the very bottom of each jar
6-8 grape tomatoes
1/3 cup of seasoned ground turkey and black bean (directions below)
3 Tbsps fresh roasted corn, peppers, and green chile mixture
6 halved black olives
3 Tbsps of fresh diced red, yellow & orange baby bell peppers
1 Tbsp grated all-natural cheddar cheese
2 good handfuls of torn green lettuce leaves at the very top
For the Dressing:
Place all your dressing ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender.
Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides.
Thin out the salad dressing out with about 1/4 cup cold water (more or less) just until you get your desired consistency.
Keeps well in an airtight container for 1 week, refrigerated. Makes 6-8 servings of dressing.
For the Filling:
Remove cooked, and seasoned meat mixture from pan, allow to cool, then place in a bowl add black beans and gently stir to combine.
For the Corn:
Using a cast iron skillet heat 1 Tbsp of avocado, or olive oil, then add in this order 1/2 diced green bell pepper, 1/2 of a diced red bell pepper saute for 2 minutes add the corn cut and removed from 2 cobs and 4-6 ounces diced roasted green chilies.
Saute all together for 3-4 minutes on a med-high heat…don’t over roast this mixture, you want it firm.
Assemble your salad jars in the order first mentioned above.
These stay well for 3-4 days, sealed well in the refrigerator.