Jump to recipe
Fresh Garden Cherry Tomato + Feta Salad
Summer will be here before we know it!
Are you planning a backyard or community garden this year?
As a young girl, I’d often take the salt shaker out to the garden and enjoy a full belly of fresh-from-the-vine, still warm from the sun, tomatoes.
What wonderful memories of Summertime!
This year we’re planning a plethora of garden tomato varieties planted, including lots of cherry tomatoes, so that our children can enjoy those same experiences.
Any tomatoes left on the vines will be made into this EXTREMELY SIMPLE, but don’t let it fool you, *COMPLETELY DELICIOUS*, Tomato Salad.
If you aren’t planting your own this year, the Farmer’s Markets are also a great place to grab some vine-ripened, local tomatoes throughout the Summer.
Plan NOW to savor that juicy taste of Summer ahead!
Thanks to our modern greenhouse growing seasons, most of us can still enjoy fresh, juicy tomatoes year-round as well.
➡️ Rachel’s Tips:
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you use for your dressings such as this, because your salad will come out tasting very much like the oil you use.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups mixed cherry or grape ripe garden tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a small/medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup high quality feta cheese, cubed
- a handful of fresh mint, basil, thyme, or parsley leaves, picked
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
Arrange tomatoes in a shallow serving plate and top with red onion, feta, and mint as shown.
In a small jar whisk all dressing ingredients together well, then pour over your tomato salad.
Very gently, toss to combine and serve.