Jump to recipe
Garlic + Herb Creamy Green Beans
You probably have all of these ingredients on hand, just pull that package of green beans out of the freezer, and get these garlic + herb creamy green beans on your Sunday dinner table tonight.
Fresh green beans may be substituted for the frozen, however, you’ll need to blanch your fresh green beans for just 2 minutes. If you like your green beans softer, I would steam them for 5-7 minutes.
Dried herbs are a great substitute for fresh herbs, but if you’re using dried herbs, you’ll need to use less, just 1 teaspoon each.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 Tbsps gluten-free flour, or Arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, or pasture-raised milk, or pasture-raised cream
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp picked thyme leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 20 ounces frozen green beans, thawed
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- avocado or olive oil cooking spray