Jump to recipe
Greek Chicken + Rice Bowls
EXCELLENT meal idea for weekend BBQ’S or weekly Food Prep!
I think quinoa would be a nice change-up from the brown rice for meal prep. Try each and see which way you like it best.
English cucumbers are usually sweeter and milder than the regular, garden cucumbers we all grew up with; which have large seeds, and often a more bitter flavor.
The skin of English cucumbers is thinner and doesn’t need to be peeled. And because the seeds are very small and easy to eat and digest, the English cucumber doesn’t have to be seeded before eating—we can simply slice and serve.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 English cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
For the marinade/dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon each