Jump to recipe
Crispy Potato “Nachos”
Potatoes are REAL food, and a nutrient dense snack option!
Treat them like a treat!
Don’t overdo it!
These homemade potato nachos are a FABULOUS snack for your kids + growing teens!
Did you know that potatoes are actually filled with more potassium than bananas, and they also contain fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, plus a little bit of iron and calcium.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large Russet potatoes, skins on, scrubbed well and pat dried or air-dried
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- green onions, thinly sliced
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- organic corn kernels
- jalapeños, finely sliced
- a small handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- lime wedges
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, to serve