Jump to recipe
Healthier Turkey Swedish Meatballs
We’ve had a lot of requests for Swedish Meatballs throughout the years – and I’ve finally created a recipe that I’m really happy with!
Flavorful meatballs, creamy sauce, and ingredients you’ll feel REAL GOOD about feeding your family.
I served these babies over cauliflower mash, but they would be great served over brown rice, quinoa, or mashed potatoes too!
Add a side of broccoli, green beans, or Brussels and you’ll be the hero of dinnertime!
Use ANY milk of your choice. My personal preferences for this sauce are unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened cashew milk.
Here are our FAVORITE recipes to serve with your Healthier Swedish Meatballs:
Turkey Swedish Meatballs
- 3 slices Ezekiel bread, well toasted
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1-1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsps olive oil or avocado oil
Swedish Meatball Sauce:
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter or ghee
- 3 Tbsps gluten-free flour
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- freshly chopped parsley