Jump to recipe
Healthy Veggie Egg Muffins
These types of Egg “Muffins” are a constant go-to for us over here at the CFC Headquarters (aka Rachel’s busy house full of teenagers!)
They’re great for Saturday morning breakfast before the soccer games, wonderful for Sunday brunch when guests are over, they’re SUPER easy for a weeknight dinner when you’re short on time and FABULOUS for prepping for the busy work week ahead.
I LOVE mixing up the ingredients! I’ll often throw in anything I have waiting in our fridge to use it up! Veggies, crumbled meat, herbs…it all works!
You can also use mostly egg whites if those fit better into your plan.
Regardless of what I’m adding into these egg cups, I always require this basic tested-and-true recipe to act as a guideline of what works, then I’ll build out from here.
I hope this recipe helps you and gets your ideas flowing and leftovers used up as well!
Makes 6 servings/12 regular muffins
- 12 large pasture raised eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk, almond, coconut, or cashew
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, about a 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 tsps dry mustard powder
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or cheese of choice
- ghee, or avocado oil cooking spray