Jump to recipe
Herbed Yogurt Jalapeno Slaw
This stuff is SO Crisp, Fresh and Tasty!
A Bright and Tangy spin on traditional coleslaw that really isn’t even close to anything you’ve had before!
This is AWESOME to prep ahead for parties or BBQ’S, because the entire salad can be made the day ahead, refrigerated, then tossed together immediately before serving.
I’m telling ya…Double this recipe up!
Cabbage is a very underrated vegetable.
It’s very LOW in calories, HIGH in nutrients and fiber. Definitely a vegetable that we should all be eating more of!
In terms of price per cup, a report by the Department of Agriculture (USDA) has shown cabbage to be the second most economical cooked vegetable in terms of price per edible cup. Yes! Grab you some next time you’re out & about!
Most people don’t know what a powerhouse of a food cabbage really is. I’ve been eating it on the regular for the past 6 years…both in soups and salads like this.
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that increases the production of antioxidant and detoxification enzymes, and stimulates the production of liver cleansing; it actually helps your liver break down toxins so they can be more easily expelled, and it also has diuretic properties help rid your body of excess liquid, carrying toxins along with it.
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 medium white or green cabbage
- 1 small/medium red onion
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds, and stems removed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsps fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 tsp lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper, or to taste