Jump to recipe
Honey-Lime Sriracha Weeknight Skillet
A little spicy, a little sweet…THE most delicious flavor!
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 lbs chicken tenders, cubed
- 1 or 2 Tbsps avocado, coconut, or olive oil
- 4 Tbsps cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed (additional fresh lime wedges for garnish if desired)
- 3 cups COOKED brown rice
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed well if using canned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsps green onion, sliced
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- Juice of 2 fresh limes- about 2 Tbsp
- 2-4 Tbsp Sriracha sauce-or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
(Combine marinade ingredients very well. Place in medium glass bowl(cover), or gallon ziploc.
Add diced chicken tenders. Marinate 4 hours, or overnight, refrigerated, turning to coat occasionally.)
After marinating, heat oil on med-high, in a large sauté pan.
Sauté chicken uncovered until cooked through and outside is crispy. About 6-7 minutes.
Remove from pan, and set aside.
On medium heat, add rice, beans, cilantro, and lime juice.
Toss for about 2-3 minutes until just heated through.
Add cooked chicken back in, toss, add remaining ingredients, toss gently.