Jump to recipe
Italian Stuffed Zucchini
Made our FAVORITE zucc boats tonight…tis’ the season!
Makes 6 boats (Serving size 1 boat)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, most of flesh scooped out. Sometimes I brush zucchini flesh very lightly with avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil, & sprinkle lightly with sea salt, pepper, & garlic powder. I find the very center of the zucchini to be very watery, and mostly seeds so I throw it out. You can add some of the flesh back into the recipe if you choose.
- 1 lb lean ground meat of choice (Turkey, OR Grass Fed Beef/Bison are all great!), browned, & drained well (season with sea salt and pepper, and cook 1 small diced yellow onion, & 3 diced small stalks of celery with the meat for flavor.)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced very small
- 4-6 mushrooms diced small
- 1-24 oz glass jar of all-natural Marinara sauce. (look for lowest sugar content, & minimal ingredients, or make your own). Glass jars are best for store bought tomato sauce.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp dried or freeze dried Italian herb blend.
Optional Garnish to be added after cooking:
- Fresh Parsley, or Italian Parsley as garnish.
- Fresh parm, or mozzarella cheese is optional.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all ingredients (besides zucchini, and garnish options) in a large saute pan after meat is cooked, and drained. Heat ingredients through, while combining/stirring gently.
Carefully scoop hot mixture generously into zucchini halves.
Place filled zucchini boats on a flat sheet pan. (parchment lined to prevent sticking)
Bake in your preheated 375 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. If topping with cheese; do so during the last 3-4 minutes of cook time.
These are also excellent on the grill!
This dinner would go great with this side:
Get a FREE 25 Oz Jar of Thrive Market Tomato Basil Tomato Sauce! Hurry, supplies LIMITED so act now!
Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, No-added Sugar, No Artificial Ingredients, and tastes delicious.