Jump to recipe
Roasted Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower Slices
OK guys…this recipe is obviously FUN Friday night food…not your everyday kinda stuff.
Mix-match YOUR favorite toppings!
My friend who tasted this said; “It’s like a Jalapeño Popper had relations with a Loaded Baked Potato!”
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut vertically into 1/2-inch-thick steaks (4 to 6 steaks total)
- 2 Tbsps avocado, or extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt mixed well with 2-4 Tbsp. wing sauce
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked + crumbled
- 4 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cilantro, and/or red pepper flakes as garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
Place the cauliflower steaks on a large baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping after the first 10 minutes.
Remove pan from oven, carefully top each cauliflower with Greek yogurt/wing sauce, and then divide up remaining toppings as desired.
Broil for an additional 3-4 minutes until hot & melty.
Enjoy + Happy Weekend!