Jump to recipe
Lemony Chicken + Olives Skillet 🍗 🍋
Lemon Chicken is one of my favorite things to eat. I’ve completely adored it, unwavering since I was a young girl.
Lemony + Olive Chicken thighs are tender and juicy, and SO good. Nestled in a skillet with briny olives and caramelized lemon slices, with a very flavorful, light sauce.
Your family will be very impressed with your creativity and culinary adeptness – it’s not every day you caramelize lemons! Make today special, and be sure to take FULL credit for this beautiful dish.
I know many people prefer chicken breasts, but chicken thighs usually cost less, so they can help stretch the family food budget.
If you’d rather make chicken breasts, try our Honey Lemon Chicken
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp clarified butter, or ghee
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, skin on, bone-in
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock, or chicken bone broth
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- fresh parsley, minced