Jump to recipe
Mason Jar Chickpea Greek Salads
Here’s the CRAZY thing. Just a few short years ago, I was NOT a fan of arugula.
I never chose to add chickpeas to my salads. I rarely ate the Kalamata olives.
Not sure exactly what happened, but I currently CRAVE this salty, briny, peppery combo!
Anything Greek inspired, with a lemony, olive oily dressing and creamy feta…COUNT ME IN!
Have your tastes and preferences for foods changed and evolved over the years as well?
➡️ Why glass canning jars for salads?
Because they stay fresher this way! As long as you build it in the proper order (very important!) Then you’ll have tasty grab-n-go salads all week!
Makes 4 servings/jars
Ingredients for 4 jars/servings:
- 8 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large juicy fresh lemon, quartered
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 15oz. chickpeas, drained and rinsed well if using canned
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups packed baby arugula