Jump to recipe
Melty California Grilled Avocado Chicken
We like to grill year-round at our house… BUT there’s just something about those summertime backyard BBQs + garden fresh vegetables!
Add this to your plans and have an amazing week!
Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz. each
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasonings
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices high quality mozzarella cheese
- 4 large slices ripe avocado
- 4 large slices fresh tomato
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsps high quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
In a large glass bowl add chicken, oil, garlic, Italian seasonings, sea salt, and pepper. Toss well to get chicken coated.
Heat a grill pan or an outside grill to medium-high.Grill chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side (about 10 minutes total), or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.Top chicken with mozzarella, avocado, and tomato slices, and cook for an additional 2 minutes, just until cheese is melted.In a small glass bowl whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle this balsamic mixture over the chicken and garnish with your fresh basil leaves.