Jump to recipe
Mexi-Texi Chicken YUM Bowls
#MealPrep Energy Bowls!
Raise your hand if you’re #FoodPrep n’ today!?
Here’s a fresh idea for your Week
Pssst!! You can grab my FAV glass meal prep containers on Amazon here!
Makes 4 servings
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil, olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained if using canned
- 1 cup frozen organic corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes, with juice
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- Garnish to add just before serving:
- 1 small bunch of fresh chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice, or quinoa
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add in the chicken and spread into an even layer, then sprinkle with spices and season with sea salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring the chicken for about 4-5 minutes then add in the remaining olive oil.
Add the onion, garlic, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened and the chicken is cooked through.
Lower the heat down and add in the remaining ingredients: tomatoes, green chiles, corn, and black beans and lime juice.
Stir together then cover with a lid and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, jalapeno and lime wedges and serve next to cooked brown rice and fresh cherry tomatoes – if serving immediately.
If using for meal prep, allow to cool, then divide everything (except for garnish ideas) equally into 4 seperate meal prep containers (I prefer glass containers), seal, and refrigerate.
Add garnish immediately before serving.
They stay good for 3-4 days.