Jump to recipe
Nourishing CFC Minestrone Soup 🌱🍅🌿🍲
Soup weather is my FAVORITE!
Truth be told, we eat soup year-round because it’s such an inexpensive, filling, and nourishing way to feed our big family!
This soup is GREAT because it uses up lots of zucchini and squash that are plentiful right now, along with many of our pantry staples!
Feel free to add or remove anything you want! Use your favorite veggies, and whatever needs to be used up in your kitchen! That’s the reason soup is SO GREAT!
This soup freezes well, and can last up to 3 months in your freezer. Just portion it into smaller containers, then freeze.
Makes about 8 servings
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 bell peppers, various colors
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 (14 ounce) jars diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 (14 ounce) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic green peas
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon each
- 6 cups vegetable, or chicken broth
- A handful of fresh curly parsley, chopped to finish
- shredded parmesan cheese, to sprinkle
Chop your onion and mince the garlic.
Peel the carrots and dice along with the celery, bell pepper, zucchini and squash.
Heat oil in a stockpot or dutch oven, over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes.
Add carrots, celery, bell pepper, zucchini and squash. Cook until slightly golden.
Stir in the diced tomatoes.
Add all herbs and spices.
Pour in the broth and stir well.
Cover and cook on low for about 30 minutes.
Once the vegetables are tender add in the beans and peas.
Continue to simmer, about 10-15 minutes more.
Taste and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
Ladle into serving bowls.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.