Jump to recipe
One-Pan Tex-Mex Hearty Turkey + Rice Skillet
A One-Pan meal that will make the whole #FAM happy! Weekend or weeknight, try this one! Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 lbs ground lean turkey or chicken
- 2 Tbsps taco seasoning
- 14oz jar organic diced tomatoes, with juice
- 15oz kidney, or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup organic corn kernels, frozen, or fresh
- 2 cups COOKED brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup bone broth, or organic chicken stock
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Diced fresh avocado
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 3-4 fresh tomatoes, diced
Sauté the onion with 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes, then add the turkey/chicken.
Using a wooden spoon break up the meat and crumble. Cook until no longer pink.
Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, corn kernels, rice, and bone broth, stir until combined.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes then add beans just long enough to heat up.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Cover and cook on low for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with toppings of your choice!