Jump to recipe
Potato & Egg Boats
These are the twice-baked potato of breakfast time.
They take a bit of time in the morning to allow the potatoes to bake, but it’s mostly hands-off time and SO WORTH IT!
So pop your potatoes into the oven, and enjoy your coffee and a good book while they’re baking.
Potato & Egg boats reheat very well, so you can store leftovers in the fridge for future meals throughout the week.
Makes about 8 servings
- 8 small-medium russet potatoes
- 4 slices of nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 large eggs