Jump to recipe
Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Muffins
Makes 12 regular muffins
- 2 large beaten eggs (room temp)
- 2 cups PB or Almond Butter (creamy smooth-room temp works best)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp unsweetend cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao, or dark chocolate chips. (I like Lily’s brand sweetened with stevia)
Preheat oven to 350 f.
Spray muffin tray or line with parchment liners.
Combine eggs, nut butter, maple syrup, pumpkin, baking soda, & vanilla; just until smooth.
Remove 2 cups batter, and place in a separate bowl.
In original bowl, add cacao powder & chocolate chips, mix well.
Scoop 1/2 of EACH batter into each muffin tin, so it’s half chocolate, half pumpkin color.
Swirl batters together using a toothpick.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. They are VERY moist if they are NOT overbaked.