Jump to recipe
Easy Curried Chicken
Delicious and EASY chicken curry that you can get on the table pretty quickly, so it’s GREAT for busy weeknight dinners!
I think the flavors are best when I remember to marinate the chicken in the spices for 12-24 hours beforehand…but it’s still really great with a quicker marinate session too!
I really recommend using chicken tenders for this recipe.Makes about 4-5 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders cut into 1-2” cubes
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 cups low sodium or homemade bone broth (I used chicken broth, vegetable broth works great too!)
Place the chicken in a large bowl together with the oil, curry powder, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, sea salt, and pepper.Toss well to get all the pieces nicely coated, then cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min (overnight is awesome too).Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on all sides, for about 4 minutes. Stir in your onions, bell peppers, garlic, then continue cooking and stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes more.Pour in the broth, then add in bay leaves and your honey, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan.Reduce heat to a LOW simmer then cover with a lid. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove bay leaves before serving. Enjoy your chicken curry over the top of cooked brown rice, or quinoa and with roasted veggies.