Jump to recipe
Quick & Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
A stir-fry is my go-to meal when I need something really fast, that’s balanced and nutritious – not to mention SO tasty, and always a crowd-pleaser!
➡️ What’s the deal with coconut aminos?!
Last year we held an informal “taste-off” (taste testing) with a few CFC staffers in my kitchen. This group included our videographer who is a HUGE “foodie” and will tell you himself that he’s not always making the healthiest choices.
Back to the taste test:
I served each person 3 small bowls of brown rice sprinkled with:
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
The UNANIMOUS win for best taste was Coconut Aminos!
This is AWESOME because I believe coconut aminos to be the healthiest of the bunch if you’re looking to avoid soy products.
Second place was a *TIE* between the remaining two options.
If you haven’t tried coconut aminos you’re truly missing out!
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, avocado oil, or sesame oil, divided
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1” fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 bell peppers, different colors, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced into strips
- 1 medium head broccoli, broken into very small florets
- 1 lb. raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Stir fry sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari, low sodium soy sauce, or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 tsp cornstarch or gluten free flour
- juice of 1 fresh lime
In a small bowl, whisk together all of your sauce ingredients.
In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 Tablespoon of your oil over medium-high heat.
Add in the garlic and ginger, then cook while stirring just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the shrimp and stir fry just until pink and opaque. Set aside on a plate.
Drizzle your skillet/wok with the remaining oil, then add in bell peppers, onion, and broccoli.
Cook veggies for 5-7 minutes, until crisp-tender.
Drizzle in your stir fry sauce and stir everything together until thickened, about 2 minutes, then stir in the cooked shrimp. Stir shrimp just to coat with sauce and warm.
Serve alongside brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!