Jump to recipe
Quinoa Brussels Warm Salad
This salad is a tangy-hearty Wintertime treat! Bursting with flavor + nutrition it’s a GREAT recipe to try this weekend!Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 fresh cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped 2″ pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped in 2″ pieces
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (or water)
Lemony Garlic Dressing:
- juice of 2 fresh lemons, or limes
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 red chili, seeded and minced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon, or lime wedges and sliced red chili, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, bell pepper, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
In a pot, combine quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 12-15 minutes, until quinoa is fluffy.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl, combine cooked quinoa, roasted Brussels sprouts and peppers.
Then gently toss with the dressing until well combined.
Garnish, serve and enjoy!